iCal Aid - Tool to fulfill a specific task using AppleScript Studio
Version: 1.0iCalAid is an example of a rapidly prototyped tool to fulfill a specific task using AppleScript Studio. The problem is the lack of scripting support in Word + Entourage Special Edition, which make easy transfer of calendar events from Entourage to iCal difficult.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Also, the lack of recurring tasks in iCal, forces many tasks in Entourage to be entered as calendar events. iCal provides an easy to manipulate interface to float its window above Entourage 2001 running in Classic and a task and/or calendar list can be read and entered. The resulting information is sent to iCal.
What's New in This Release:
· New command under file menu will reopen application window if it gets inadvertently closed.
· Services Menu added which now contains the commands that will obtain information about a web page or file to be associated with an event or task.
Also included under Services are the following commands:
· Diary Entry - a note taking device which allows one to add entries to iCal calendars which are not necessarily events or tasks. any calendar can be selected.
· Get iTunes Track Info - Inserts information about the currently playing iTunes track into the event window.
· Insert Temperature - Inserts the current temperature for a zip code into an event.
· Insert Stock Quote - Allows the insertion of delayed stock quotes into iCal calendars.
· A refresh button allows the reloading of editable calendars if one is created or deleted in iCal while iCalAid is running.
· Start Times and End Times now utilize 24-hour times to allow International usage.