Intervallogic - Ear-training for musicians
Version: 184.108.40.206Based on a programmed learning model, Intervallogic offers a wide range of ear-training exercises for musicians of all levels of experience. Intervallogic uses unlooped sampled piano notes as well as percussion sounds to generate chords, melodies, rhythms and chord progressions.
License: Free To Try $40.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Intervallogic encourages practice in the high repetition, fast-paced mode that is difficult to create in a classroom or private instruction setting. Ideally, a user will work within a given exercise for approximately 5 to 10 minutes maximum in one session, but may return several times a day for more practice. The scores for each exercise are automatically recorded once the exercise ends, and can be reviewed or archived at a later time.
In the basic identification exercises, chords or intervals are generated and presented as multiple choice options. The basic idea is to achieve within a 5 minute time limit 100 correct answers. There is no option to repeat incorrect answers, the user is intentionally moved forward into the next question. Immediate feedback to each response occurs visually with the movement of the progress bars, and in the event of an incorrect response, the correct answer is briefly highlighted before the next question is played.
While not intended exclusively for use in the Royal Conservatory system, where applicable exercises have levels matching the grade requirements for ear-training of the Royal Conservatory of Music (Toronto).
Here are some key features of "Intervallogic":
· multiple user environment with individually stored preferences and results for each user
· basic tools to manipulate the user results files
· minimal formal music background required, melodic answers are given in standard solfege symbols
· customizable user interface, individual settings for target scores, time allowed etc.
· Quicktime 6.01 or later installed
· Sonora font installed (included)
· Rhythms font installed (included)
· Lucida grande font installed (part of OSX)
· 15 days trial
· User results are not stored in the trial version