iPhoto Diet is a utility for slimming down iPhoto libraries
Version: 3.1iPhoto Diet is a utility for slimming down iPhoto libraries. It removes the original copies of modified photos based on several selectable criteria. For example, criteria include removing unrotated originals or redundant duplicates.
Operating System: Mac OS X
As well, iPhoto Diet can remove the icon thumbnails from photo files, saving additional space. Useful utility prior to burning your iPhoto libraries onto CDs or for freeing up hard drive space. iPhoto Diet can be run manually or set to run automatically at desired times. It is available in multiple languages and welcomes contributions for additional languages.
Here are some key features of "iPhoto Diet":
· eliminate duplicate photos created internally by iPhoto or imported by yourself
· remove iPhoto's backups of rotated or modified photos
· strip the thumbnail icons of your photos
· remove thumbnail photos that have become mixed up with your high resolution photos
· identify photos which have not been added to albums
· weed out unnecessary folders and files from the library
What's New in This Release:
· iPhoto 6 is now supported .
· iPhoto Diet is now a universal binary.
· Reorganized "Remove Original Backups" options.
· Added the option to remove originals within iPhoto libraries only (relevant only to iPhoto 6)
· All albums created by iPhoto Diet now begin and end with double-dashes ( -- ) to make them stand out from the user's albums.
· Mac OS X 10.3 or later
· Apple iPhoto 4, 5 or 6.