MacDICT - Search a growing number of databases for English words
Version: 2.9.2MacDICT is a client for the DICT protocol. It connects to dict.org to provide access to a number of databases, including Webster's Dictionary and the World FactBook. MacDICT also accesses translation services on the web to translate to and from a wide variety of languages.
Operating System: Mac OS X
· Easy-to-use interface
· Looks up definitions in 11 databases
· It can be used to translates words but also sentences and full passages
· Define(Command-D) lets you look up terms in databases
· Match(Command-M) lets you find words that match a certain query
· Translate(Command-T) lets you translate words and common phrases into other languages
· BabelFish(Command-B) lets you translate entire sentences and paragraphs, but accuracy is greatly reduced.
· Wikipedia(Command-E) lets you look up just about anything from a free encyclopedia.