Mambo - Full-featured content management system that can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate apps
Version: 4.6.3Mambo is a full-featured content management system (CMS) that can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications.
Operating System: Mac OS X
While the number of Open Source content management systems continues to grow at a fast pace, Mambo's rich feature set, long history and stable codebase continue to make Mambo the preferred choice of many professional developers.
The list below provides an overview of the benefits and features of Mambo, but without focusing in depth on the technical architecture.
Here are some key features of "Mambo CMS":
· Powerful WYSIWYG Editor enables creation and editing of pages without need to know code.
· Supports creation of nested or flat content hierachies.
· Manage content from a Web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox recommended).
· Manage Images from within system, or externally through FTP.
· No specialized tools or programming languages needed to update site.
· Preview content as you work, without publishing.
· Bundled with site search.
· Syndicate site contents in a variety of RSS formats.
· No specialized programming language needed to build or customize templates.
· Flexible templating allows for creation of variety of looks -- no "cookie cutter" websites.
· Can build Valid XHTML and Section 508 Accessible websites.
· Edit CSS and templates from within admin system.
· Large number of free or low cost templates available through the community.
· Supports Membership option for websites.
· Supports classes of users.
· Enables easy creation of extranets.
· Block problem users.
· Mass mail users.
· Classes of users for content creation, editing, scheduling and publishing.
· Schedule automatic Start/Stop dates for publishing.
· Supports multiple administrators with variety of tools.
· Bundled with many common functionalities.
· Large selection of add-ons to extend functionality.
· Bridges to many 3rd Party systems.
Help & Documentation
· Help files integrated into administration system.
· Online Help files in dedicated Documentation site.
· Commercial publications available from several publishers.
· Online Forums provide rapid support from the Community.
· Automatic notification of updates (requires PHP5)
· Written in PHP.
· Scalable. Tested and benchmarked.
· Effective, configurable caching.
· Bundled with Magpie RSS reader.
· Platform neutral. Simple requirements which allow installation on most hosting packages, including shared hosting.
· Manage database from within the admin interface.
· Installation wizard is simple and fast.
· Flexible metadata at both global and individual Item levels.
· Search Engine Friendly.
· Free, Open Source Software.
· Released under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
Community & Foundation
· Large community built over 5 years.
· Over 30 languages available.
· Dedicated Forums.
· Dedicated Help Site.
· Backed by Non-Profit Foundation - Mambo Foundation Inc. (an Australian Non-Profit Corporation)