NetHack - Dungeon exploration game
Version: 3.4.3NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical and text interfaces all using the same game engine.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly.
Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
What's New in This Release:
· Correct several inconsistencies
· Correct a potentially fatal bug caused by dropping loadstones
· Handle level completely filled with monsters better
· win32tty performance enhancements when playing on Windows 98 and Windows Me
· win32gui player selection fixes
· X11 player selection fixes, one of which could be fatal
· Eliminated a gold-in-shop-container cheat.