Nikon D2X Firmware update - D2X Firmware Update 1.01 for Macintosh
Version: 1.01Nikon Japan has today released new firmware for the D2X and D2Hs digital SLRs.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Firmware version 1.01 makes improvements to auto focus, fixes an AF assist bug when using certain Speedlights, improves flash performance and fixes a manual white balance bug.
At the moment this firmware update is only available in Japanese, we will update this story as soon as other regions publish the firmware.
What's New in This Release:
· Autofocus performance has been increased.
· An issue that prevented the AF-assist illuminator from firing when the Speedlights listed below were used has been corrected.
· SB-29S, SB-29, SB-23, SB-22S, SB-22, SB-20.
· In images captured at a shutter speed of 1/250 s with a Speedlight SB-800, set to Distance-priority manual flash (GN), or Manual flash (M) with flash output set to full (M1/1) mounted on the camera, the top portion was often dark. This issue has been addressed. However, under the circumstances described above only, the guide number is reduced from that of full flash output level by approximately 0.6 EV.
· Images captured at white-balance settings of Incandescent, Direct sunlight, Cloudy, Shade, and Choose color temp. tended to have a reddish tint. This issue has been addressed.
· Errors in Dutch menus have been corrected.
Included in the download