Nikon Scan is the COOLSCAN driver software
Version: 4.0.2Nikon Scan is the COOLSCAN driver software. Easy to use but still loaded with professional features, Nikon Scan software helps you to obtain quality film scanning in easy steps. Features such as selectable film types, one button preview and a step-by-step tool palette guide you to a perfect result.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Fully colour managed image correction and manipulation functions can be switched on and off to monitor progress. Nikon Scan may also be used to control Nikon scanners from a computer and to preview images and adjust scanner settings before scanning,giving the user control over advanced features supported by Nikon film scanners.
Nikon Scan also supports batch scanning and can be used to scan images directly into third-party applications such as Adobe Photoshop. (Adobe and Acrobat are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Inc. Digital ICE4 Advanced TM is Digital ICETM, Digital ROCTM, Digital GEMTM and Digital DEETM. Digital ICE4 Advanced TM are technologies developed by Applied Science Fiction.)
Here are some key features of "Nikon Scan":
· The Scan Image Enhancer automatically adjusts hue to produce images with clear contrast (9000 ED, 5000 ED, COOLSCAN V ED only)
· Digital ICE4 detects, analyzes, and automatically compensates for scratches and dust
· Digital ROCTM digitally restores faded colors in old film
· Digital GEMTM automatically corrects for film grain, smoothing pictures taken with high-speed film
· Digital DEETM reveals details in shadows of backlit and underexposed shots and increases contrast in "washed-out" areas of highlights to produce natural-looking exposure (9000 ED, 5000 ED, COOLSCAN V ED only)
· Nikon Scan
What's New in This Release:
· Improved detection of the image frame area when using the SA-21 strip-film or SA-30 roll-film adapters. Applies to SUPER COOLSCAN 5000 ED, COOLSCAN V ED, SUPER COOLSCAN 4000 ED or COOLSCAN IV ED.
· A problem which could cause the computer to freeze when inserting or removing a film holder from the SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 ED, has been corrected.