OS X Rootkit Hunter - Scans OS for rootkits & other vulnerabilities
Version: 0.2OS X Rootkit Hunter is based on Michael Boelen`s "rootkit hunter" but little modified for easier/better usability on Mac OS X.
Operating System: Mac OS X
OS X Rootkit Hunter is scanning tool to detect nasty tools on your Mac.This tool scans for backdoors, rootkits, and local exploits by running tests like:
· MD5 hash compare
· Look for default files used by rootkits
· Wrong file permissions for binaries
· Look for suspected strings in LKM and KLD modules
· Look for hidden files
· Optional scan within plaintext and binary files
- not yet tested on intel Macs.