PEMDAS - An advanced, easy-to-use scientific calculator with formula and answer caches
Version: 1.2PEMDAS is a scientific calculator with a great interface for doing most calculations. First of all, it lets you calculate formulas. You can enter it through the keyboard or punch the buttons on the screen.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Some other useful features are it lets you calculate in degrees or radians, has support for most basic trig and log functions, and you can also format the calculation in scientific and engineering notation.
Next to the info button on the widget is a "+" button that lets you expand the widget. This will let you see the answer and formula caches, which give you one click access to everything you've done. You can clear the caches by pressing clear on your keyboard twice real fast, or double clicking the clear button on the calculator.
Since some people had never heard it before, the name PEMDAS comes from Parenthesis-Exponents-Multiplication-Division-Addition-Subtraction, this being the basic idea behind order of operations.
What's New in This Release:
· Float/scientific/engineering formats now switch in realtime
· Formula box now scrolls, either with the arrow buttons on the keyboard or in the widget's formula bar.
· Negative exponents, like 2e-9, are now supported
· Fixed a bug that caused negative numbers in scientific and engineering to be displayed improperly (still the correct number, just didn't look pretty)
· Fixed a bug where back to back to back exponents, like 2^2^2, wouldn't work
· Info and + buttons fade out when the widget is expanded/contracted
· Subtracting negative numbers now works properly; previously 3 - 2 would give you 1, not 5.