Playlist Blender - Manage iTunes random playlists in new ways
Version: 1.2.2Playlist Blender allows users to easily manage iTunes random playlists in new ways. Combine playlists in proportions you set; create master playlists in desired sizes (great for mp3 collections that exceed the capacity of your iPod); update your master playlists with one button; instantly recall your favorite mixes. It makes smart playlists even smarter.
License: Free To Try $10.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Playlist Blender":
· Combine playlists - Smart Playlists are great, but they can't do everything you might want.
· Customize sub mix proportions - Do you want 5-star songs to turn up in your random mixes more often than your 3-star songs?
· Customize mix size - Even if you own a 40 GB iPod, there's a good chance that if your music collection hasn't outgrown it yet, it will someday.
· Automatic sub mix updates - Playllist Blender will automatically update sub mixes each time you blend a new master mix.
· Easy save and recall - You can save each master mix as a document that opens like any other file.
What's New in This Release:
· Added three keyboard shortcuts to run iTunes from Playlist Blender interface:
· play/pause = space bar
· next song = TAB
· last song = option-TAB
· Eliminated Applescript error on launch in some systems (maybe OS 10.3 and or iTunes 4.2). Thanks to David Bills at SmartPlaylists.com for troubleshooting help.
· Nuisance screen now opens from first use on. The 15-day delay code prompted error messages on some systems, perhaps even crippling the program. While I'd prefer to keep the delay, I had to choose functionality for the widest possible user base. Hey, you can always get rid of the nuisance screen by paying the shareware fee.