PostgreSQLServer - Build of postgreSQL server
Version: 0.3PostgreSQLServer is a build of postgreSQL server for MacOS X (panther). It is embedded in a Cocoa frontend to simplify its setup (drag and drop) and customization.
Operating System: Mac OS X
This program may be used to setup and customize a PostgreSQL server : Just drop PostgreSQLX.app in your application folder, launch it, and customize your server(s). 3 versions are available :
· An application with an embedded server : There is no need to download or install anything because the last version of the server (PostgreSQL 7.4.3) is already embedded within PostgreSQLX.app.
· An application without the server : You MUST have a valid PostgreSQL setup somewhere.
· A preference pane without the server : You MUST have a valid PostgreSQL setup somewhere (This can be the full PostgreSQLX.app application).
What's New in This Release:
· Misc bug-fixes.
· numerous GUI modifications.
· PostgreSQL server documentation is accessible wia the "Help" menu.
· PostgreSQLX.app documentation is accessible wia the "Help" menu.
· Tips are displayed on the "Service settings" tab to help during setup.
· Instance management is operational. It is now possible to manage an arbitrary number of servers.
· PostgreSQLX can now create the user account for the server.
· Each instance can be disabled without dropping the startupItem.
· Modifications on each tab can be reverted, saved and reset.
· The bugs with the check boxes in the "Configuration" panel has been fixed.
· The "Configuration" tab should work better (I re-checked all bindings and validity conditions).
· The "Log" tab has been added.
· The "Backup" tab has been added. It will allow to make backups (full or single database).
· A preference pane has been created (It does not include the server but can manage other servers).