Random Playlist Creator is an application that randomly generates iTunes playlists from a source playlist.
Version: 2.2Random Playlist Creator is an application that randomly generates iTunes playlists from a source playlist, which can be of any type that references Library tracks (Library, normal, smart, Purchased Songs, Party Mix are the types that come to mind). It requires that iTunes is running: when run, it will start iTunes if necessary and will automatically quit if iTunes quits.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Random Playlist Creator":
· Creates multiple iTunes playlists of a specified combined file size or playing time. The number of playlists created is dependent on the number of tracks in the source playlist.
· Creates "super-playlists", each consisting of one or more segments (each segment comprises an iTunes playlist). This feature is especially useful for flash-based MP3 players with expansion cards where the internal memory is a different size than the expansion memory.
· Allows the last generated super-playlist to be randomly padded with tracks from previously generated super-playlists.
· Allows groups of tracks to be kept together in a specified order within the generated playlists. This feature is useful for albums where multiple tracks comprise a single contiguous song and some of the tracks do not stand very well on their own, such as the tracks that comprise each LP side of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
· Track groupings can be defined either by creating a specially-named playlist or by defining the "grouping" ID3 tag in each song file.
· The defined track groupings can be individually enabled or disabled for use when generating random playlists with track groupings.
· Allows a group of tracks to either be constrained to a single segment (if it's possible for the group to fit completely within one segment) or to span multiple segments within a super-playlist.
· Provides an enhanced shuffle mode where an entire playlist can be shuffled into a single new playlist with the track groupings intact.
· Provides an option to use only the MP3-formatted files in the source playlist -- useful for MP3 CDs and non-iPod MP3 players.
What's New in This Release:
· Presets can be defined to allow quick selection of often-used settings.