Convert a desktop PC into a secure, managed network device that achieves all the benefits of thin client computing while prolonging the useful life of existing desktops.
Version: 1.01Convert a desktop PC into a secure, managed network device that achieves all the benefits of thin client computing while prolonging the useful life of existing desktops. Tremendous advantages are gained by providing remote connectivity to Windows desktops.
License: Free To Try $59.95
Operating System: Windows
SimplyRDP is a software-only solution; there is no need to physically open the desktop case, and removal of the hard drive is optional. A quick, easy install and GUI configuration templates permit fast setups of desktops. All desktop applications run on the server.
SimplyRDP can be installed on any system running Windows 2000 Professional / Server, XP Professional or 2003 Server.
It offers easy configuration for diskless client access to Microsoft Terminal Services using the clientâ€™s PXE-compliant network cards - emBoot also provides PXE capabilities via the MBA (Managed Boot Agent) either on floppy or as a bootROM.
- SimplyRDP allows aging desktops to run the latest applications. This gives you the capability to run the latest Microsoft operating systems and application software on most 486 or newer PCs.
- The solution is transparent to end users - a remote desktop appears to them as any other Windows desktop does.
- A single point of administration reduces overall administration costs.
- Virtually eliminate viruses and data theft. The desktopâ€™s hard drive is bypassed, and access to floppy drives and internet software can be restricted. * Centralizing data storage allows for faster and easier backups and disaster recovery.
- Nothing to install on desktops, only need to install once on each server.
- An easy to use, simple GUI configuration provides setup in minutes; there is no need to open a desktopâ€™s case. Removing the desktopâ€™s hard drive is optional.
Version 1.01: 1. Enhancements to 'Display' page 2. Enhamcements added to 'Local Devices' page 3. Enhancements added to mouse, printer settings. 4. Added dialog so that advanced users can add/change variables' values manually.