Smarky - Mozilla add-on that allows you to manage your simpy.com bookmarks.
Version: 0.9.6.4Smarky lets you manage your Simpy bookmarks in firefox from a sidebar, menu, toolbar, and a quick search dialog.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Smarky and Simpy let you access the same set of bookmarks anywhere with an internet connection.
The quick search searches only the bookmark details, can be opened with the Home+Home key combo, and looks similar to Google Desktop's Ctrl+Ctrl search. The standard search in the sidebar or organize window pulls its results from simpy.com
Smarky supports nested labels with a customizable separator. It has a toolbar button which turns yellow when the page is bookmarked and when middle clicked can add/remove the site. There are also two toolbar buttons which can be used to add a bookmark to Simpy. Smarky also adds a tab to the Firefox add bookmark window(opened via Ctrl+D) to add bookmarks directly to Simpy.com
Also included are filters, which can be used for both batch editing and for automatically adding descriptions and labels to new bookmarks, and an Organize (Simpy) Bookmarks window with inline editing of bookmarks.
Simpy and Smarky allow for easy migration to and from the service, allowing you to import and export your bookmarks from the site.
Smarky is completely separate from your Firefox bookmarks and does not remove or hide them.
Here are some key features of "Smarky":
Star toolbar button
· Left click to toggle the sidebar, middle click to add or remove a site
· Turns yellow if the site is bookmarked, otherwise its the normal clear
· If you don't see it, right click a toolbar, select customize, then search for the yellow star and drag it where you want it on one of Firefox's toolbars
· If you want the star to stay yellow, add the following to your userChrome.css:
· Drag and Drop:
Drag labels onto other labels, drag bookmarks to labels, drag a URL onto a label/bookmark or Firefox bookmark, drag the favicon in the address box to the sidebar, drag a tab to the sidebar.
Label Controls(Right click a label):
· Open all in tabs, Add bookmark here, Rename, Delete label, Delete all bookmarks in the label,Expand(Expands subfolder)
· Open in current window, open in new tab, open in new window
· Properties(This brings up the edit menu, where you can edit the title, URL, labels, and notes)
· Update URL(Replaces the bookmark's url with the current window's url)
· Rename, Remove current label, Add new labels, Delete
· Change stored login details(Email, Pass)
· Sort by date added or alphabetically
· Import Firefox Bookmarks
· Export Simpy Bookmarks
· Edit/Create Filters
· Delete Simpy Bookmarks
· Hide 'Add Bookmark' button
· Show/Hide Icons
· Show/Hide Favicons(When off, shows just the generic icons)
· Show Bookmark Count
· Change the nested label separator
· Disable https favicons(Useful if viewing favicons from https sites gives you a security warning)
· Always open in new tab
· Customize quick search shortcut
· Hide labels from the sidebar (They will still show up in the autocomplete when adding a label) and in the quick search
· Put unlabeled bookmarks in their own label(Such as...'Unlabeled'), lets you search for all unlabeled via filters and quick search
· Enable/Disable showing Google Reader's starred items in Smarky