Remote control and supervise Mac computers.
Version: 2.5SpyMe is a remote management utility. It allows supervising a remote Mac's screen, as well as keyboard and mouse actions on a remote Mac.
License: Free To Try $15.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
SpyMe is a tool that was developed for (and by) people who need to support other remote Mac users, who might not always have a high speed internet connection.
In order to improve speed, SpyMe contains the following technologies:
· All screen data is JPEG compressed before transmitting, using Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger's Core Image system for fast compression and decompression.
· Screens can be scaled down by a factor of 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x of their original size. A 2x scaled down screen reduces the amount of data to be transmitted by 75%.
· Scaled down screen details can be inspected using a live magnifying glass.
· Long term remote screen supervision is supported by displaying remote screens live in the background of your desktop.
· Total screen capture, including OpenGL, Games, Full Screen (iPhoto).
· Bandwidth Control, limit used bandwidth to optimize quality and response.
Besides this, SpyMe supports the usual stuff like file sending/receiving, pasteboard sending/receiving, and a connection doctor for live connection quality statistics. SpyMe runs native on any PowerPC or Intel based Mac and is a Universal Application.
Here are some key features of "SpyMe":
· Share and Control
Double click on a Server, and share it's screen. It doesn't matter if the remote Mac has one display, or multiple or even none (headless server), SpyMe 2 will capture and control all of them.
· Monitor whole classrooms at once
Live monitoring was never easier. One click and the screens of any number of Macs will appear right in front of your eyes. In any required size. One click and all remote Macs can be locked, a useful feature in classrooms. And all this, due to SpyMe's unique Server scaling, with minimal processor and network load. Yes, it runs on a 300MHz G3. Imagine on your system.
· Background Daemon for Remote Login
SpyMe 2 comes with an optional Daemon, a system background software, which launches an invisible SpyMe Agent whenever a user logs in. Even Mac OS X Login Panel and Fast User Switching is supported, go back and forth, SpyMe will follow you wherever you go.
· Remote Support Made Easy
Imagine: A call for help from a remote Mac client (or, even more critical, from your mom or dad), and no access to his or her Mac. Worse, no access to the remote network to allow remote management software to pass their firewalls and routers.
· Additional Features
SpyMe 2 supports JPEG Compression using Apple's Core Image, Server screen scaling, desktop backgrounds, full screen mode, file and folder transfer in both directions, pasteboard transfer in both directions, bandwidth control. SpyMe 2 runs natively on any PowerPC or Intel Mac.