Count text items and manage overset.
Version: 1.2Text Count provides quick and easy control over word counts, oversets and space assigning in InDesign or InCopy documents. Counts eight different text items in wide selection of ranges.
License: Free To Try $69.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Text Count info panel shows real time count and estimate results and offers user three new functions for managing overset text.
Forget about dummy text and copy pasting to text processors to get your estimates and word count done. Text Count estimates the number of text elements in empty frames using styles seted in frame and document language average values. This helps you to adjust size of frames to fit desired word count and makes space and copy assigning more efficient.
You can use it either in form of a panel showing you real time count and estimate results, or in comprehensive reports showing you all desired data in a well-arranged separate document, ready to pass on to your finance department for freelance payments.
Unlike InDesign's built in text info panel, InDesign shows you counts allways, not just when text tool is selected and it counts four more elements. As the only plug-in on the market Text Count performs the estimates and price calculations too. Overset control tools will dramatically improve your production process.
Text Count, counts and estimates text elements and calculates their price. It preflights documents for overset and helps you to get rid of it.
Here are some key features of "Text Count for InDesign":
· Overset text displaying in a separate frame attached to the overset story.
· Overset preflight - saves lot's of time and prevents expensive mistakes. You can use automatic preflight every time you print or export.
· Fit text to frame - changes the text attributes within permitted range to fit text to frame.
· Counts characters including and excluding spaces, words, lines, paragraphs, manuscript lines and manuscript pages. Counts overflow characters and words.
· When the text in selected range is overset, you will see exact amounts of overset too. Counts in selection, paragraph, text frame, story, page, and the whole document.
· Estimates characters and words needed to fill text chain or frame, using defined style and document language.
· Estimates in text chain which is either empty or has some remaining space.
Price calculation features:
· Taxt Count can calculate price per stroke, word, manuscript line or page and price per article (word count range).
· Uses user defined currency. Results are shown real time in application palette and in form of a report - professionaly document using indexed copy of counted document and all desired data about its content.