Collection of productivity tools designed to help translators, proofreaders, editors, writers, journalists and DTP specialists in document editing / proofreading and formatting. For translators, it will help in document formatting before translation.
Version: 1.8.1TransTools+ is a set of plug-ins for Microsoft Office.
License: Free To Try $35.00
Operating System: Windows
At this time, it contains one plug-in for Microsoft Word, but more plug-ins for other Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) will be added soon. With its help, you will be able to:
- search Word documents for multiple words and phrases and then replace or format their occurrences or review each occurrence in context before making a change,
- create great-looking documents by removing excessive spaces, inserting missing spaces, using non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and using typographically correct symbols,
- hide non-translatable text from your CAT tool for selective translation of document contents or in order to convert pieces of non-translatable / placeholder text into tags/placeables (Microsoft Word documents only),
- apply color highlighting to text that matches user-defined search expressions, clear color highlighting, or find color highlighting (in order to move from one highlighted fragment to the other) in Microsoft Word documents,
- format Word documents quickly by using preset or ad-hoc formatting commands organized into lists,
- create quotes faster.
Version 1.8.1: Added Tracked Changes Assistant, a tool which analyzes tracked changes in a Word document and produces a detailed word count report to help you estimate the effort required for translating the tracked changes.
Version 1.7.1: Several important updates: 1) Added DTP Tools, a new toolset that makes it easy to format Word documents quickly by using preset or ad-hoc formatting commands; 2) Added configuration settings for Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool.
Version 1.6: Several important updates: 1) Fixed an issue in Hide / Unhide Text tool when hiding text in documents containing textboxes; 2) Added Duplicate button in several tools; 3) Fixed an error in Document Processing Tool caused by document preview in File Open dialogue; 4) Several other updates.
Version 1.5: Major updates in Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: new rules for enforcing non-breaking space usage near punctuation in French and as thousand separator in appropriate languages, and for converting full-width to half-width characters in Japanese; updates in other rules; other changes
Version 1.4.6: Fixed UI problems in Document Processing Tool and other tools in Office 365 (Word 2016 and Word 2019); implemented automatic license re-activation when a system change is detected; added automatic checking for latest updates; fixed numerous bugs; added various UI and usability improvements.