Hide My Windows software for quickly hiding windows without closing applications. The name of the program clearly describes its purpose - that's bringing the freedom to people under control.
Version: 1.11Hide My Windows is an effective tool for hiding your windows and applications away from prying eyes.
License: Free To Try $19.95
Operating System: Windows
With a quick keystroke or flick of the mouse, Hide My Windows will ferry away sensitive information from your desktop.
Sure, you can minimize windows, but a quick glance at the system tray would let anyone know that you're playing a game, checking your fantasy league, or watching your retirement portfolio wave bye bye.
Hide My Windows leaves no trace of the hidden application whatsoever. Only you know that it's there.
Hide My Windows provides a easy and flexible functionality for home and office PC users to quickly get sensitive materials out off the screen without closing programs or losing documents.
- Instantly hide windows with a secret hotkey combination - This feature allows to hide all windows of browsers, chats, games and other by defined filters.
- Hide and Show with mouse.
- Close browsers by hotkey
- Instantly hide active window with a secret hotkey combination - Sometimes you have no time to add window name to filters, no problem this feature allows to you hide any active window by hotkey.
- Restore all windows on their places - All hidden windows will be restored with their sizes, places and style.
- Works invisibly in the background - To protect your privacy Hide My Windows can be hide and work in background.
- Customizable hot keys - You can change default hotkeys anytime.
- Show list of hidden windows - You can check which windows hidden by filters and change filters if needed.
- Owner process detection - Different processes can have windows with one name, you can decrease collisions by analyzing owner processes and changing filters to meet your needs.
- Exceptions list - thats allows to you create list of windows that will never be hidden.
Version 1.11: Improvement. Hide all windows except active with mouse movement; Bugfix. Access violation during start. Filters list will be cleaned after upgrade, don't forget to restore them manually; Desktop icons will disappear, along with windows;Foreground window looses focus after "Show all".
Version 1.9.8: * Correct work with "Close Apps" hotkey * Extended size for keystroke field (for Germany keyboards) * If hotkey is "None" then it replaced with default value * Additional timeout for apps termination added * Dublicate of autorun records are removed
Version 1.9.7: * Hide Active Window after use does not add name of hidden window in filter list.
Version 1.9.4: * Performance improvements for Flash games. * Bug Fix: Mouse operations (hide in area, hide in corners) does not work in trial version (Thanks to Yann!) * Bug Fix: Taskbar (on some Windows versions only tray bar) flashing when mouse stay in corner or hiding area then windows already hides.
Version 1.9.3: 1. Design improvements (based on user stories). 2. Small changes in protection engine (Better support of Vista icons extracted from host applications). 3. Some fixes for compatibility issues with anti-viruses.
Version 1.9.2: 1. Anti Time Tracking Tool improved. 1.1. Selection from active windows list added. 1.2. Reaction time increased.
Version 1.8.1: Network bug fixes (version gateway, wrong connection errors handling)
Version 1.6.1: No Visible windows in list bug fixed
Version 1.6: * New process management engine decrease memory usage to 1.5 MB in background mode and brings better performance. * 2 bugfixes for Vista - "Access denied" problem solved for default filters list, "Black" bars in grids also fixed.
Version 1.5: * Operating windows in tray - Can be disabled in options. * Disable updates notification option added. * Tab order in Options windows fixed. * Wrong position of notification windows on multiscreen fixed.