NewsMac - Stream Mac news headlines to your desktop
Version: 3.2NewsMac is like an Internet news agent, it brings together all your favorite news web sites into one place, and lets you view the current headlines for which ever ones you choose. When you see something that interests you, you're just one click away from reading that news story in your favorite web browser.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "NewsMac":
· Before the new 3G iPods came out we had no choice but to use the iPod's address book to store information, but now NewsMac utilises the new text note system leaving your address book for what it's supposed to be there for.
· NewsMac lets you synchronize* more than just headlines with your Palm PDA - you can sync the news story from the web page the headline is linked to. NewsMac has been updated to work with the new iSilo 4 too.
· NewsMac 3.1 introduces a new feature called Sync-On-Start, that automatically performs a Palm or iPod synchronization when you start NewsMac, perfect if you're in a hurry and want to take the news with you with the minimum of fuss.
· NewsMac supports OPML, so now you can move your channel subscriptions over from other RSS news aggregators as well as export any of NewsMac categories as an OPML file.
· NewsMac 3.1 now lets you have anything you've already downloaded be automatically refreshed after a set time period. Use this in conjunction with the option to automatically download your favorites when starting NewsMac and you can be kept constantly up-to-date with the latest news as it breaks**.
· NewsMac 3 features Feed Finder, a new super easy way to add RSS news feeds to NewsMac using the built-in mini browser which automatically detects clicks on RSS links and lets you add them to NewsMac with just a simple button press.
· The new favorites bar and an all new collections drawer giving you fast and easy access to no only your favorite channels, but your top rated channels, recently visited channels and more.
· NewsMac 3 automatically downloads web site icons where possible so you don't need to worry about manually setting them any more.
· NewsMac 3.1 now lets you browse the headlines of your favorite channels direct from the Mac OS X Dock - perfect for checking the latest news headlines without the boss noticing.
· You can now freely create new categories or delete existing ones from the new Category in menu in NewsMac. NewsMac 3 also introduces the idea of collections. Collections are essentially smart categories that are dynamically built based on whether channels meet certain criteria. For example there is a category containing all the channels you personally added to NewsMac and another containing all your favorites.
· 1024x768 screen
· Internet access.