Qtstalker - Commodity and stock market charting and technical analysis
Version: 0.35Qtstalker is a user friendly Technical Analysis package for GNU/Linux (and hence other Unix-like systems). Similar to commercial wares such as Metastock, Supercharts and Tradestation.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Keeps to a lean, simple design for speed, portability, and low resource usage. Because it uses a plugin model, Qtstalker can easily be extended.
Qtstalker is 100% free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL and has an active development community that is continually adding new features.
Stock market, commodity and technical analysis charting app based on the Qt toolkit. Extendible plugin system for quotes and indicators. Portfolio, back testing, chart objects and many more features included.
Here are some key features of "Qtstalker":
· A point-and-click object-oriented graphical user interface.
· Chart types include line, bar and candlestick.
· Customizable colors. Logarithmic and linear arithmetic scaling. Scale to screen.
· Indicators plugins include MACD, MAs, Bollinger Bands, RSI, and dozens more. Provides access to the TA-Lib library of common functions.
· A simple scripting facility to create custom indicators. This powerfully enables combination of different plots in one indicator and combining of other indicators and calculations.
· A special indicator "ExScript" enables external scripts to pass data in.
· An "Indicator Summary" tool shows a table of all indicator parameters from all active indicators. It also writes the data to XML output for use by external programs.
· Chart drawing objects: trendlines, buy/sell arrows, horizontal and vertical lines, fibonacci retracement lines, text and cycles.
· Quote plugins download data from online sources such as Yahoo, CME, NYBOT.
· Data import plugins for plain-text CSV files.
· The "Plugin" architecture for quotes and indicators enables easy future extensibility.
· Minute, daily, weekly and monthly chart compression options.
· Various data classes to support for investment types such as stocks, futures, indices, ratios and spreads.
· A back testing function allowing indicator performance tests using actual trading data.
· A very basic portfolio manager. Good for tracking open positions. (Suggestions welcome.)
· A Scanner that can scan the qtstalker database for charts that meet a user defined criteria.
· A paper trading mode enabling users to practice trading without risking capital.