Agnix project is an embedded real-time network operating system kernel.
Version: 0.0.4Agnix project is an embedded real-time network operating system kernel.
Operating System: Linux
It is a small, educational operating system kernel for i386, supporting 32-bit protected memory mode, paging, hardware switched tasks, memory tests, PCI bus, devices, PCI IRQ routing, RT timers, network protocols.
It is available with all the source code and is fully compatible with the Linux kernel API.
Here are some key features of "Agnix":
· Memory: 32-bit protected mode, support for paging
· Virtual memory: supports for memory allocation algorithms (binary and buddy)
· Tasks management: mulithreading, hardware switched tasks, round-robin scheduler
· Synchronization: spinlocks and semaphores
· Interrupts: interrupts serviced in fastirq kernel thread
· Timers: RT timers, 100Hz system clock
· Network: support for ethernet, ARP and IP protocols
· Driver interface: own driver interface named ADI (Agnix Driver Interface)
· Drivers: 8254, 8259, RTC, DMA chips, PCI bus, support for RTL-8029(AS) network card
· Power management: support for APM
· Support for busses: full support for PCI bus, PCI devices and PCI IRQs
· Terminals: support for switched terminals
· Data structures: hashing with open adressing, lists, queues
· doxygen (required)
· QEMU (required)
· Bochs (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· driver interface changes, some bugs fixed
· new Makefiles
· added some simple memory Read/Write test
· added address and data patterns for a memory tests
· added pcibus_find_capability_pos function
· more in the changelog