c42 Backup Suite is a simple python program for maintaining a central backup in a small, but distributed environment.
Version: 0.2.0c42 Backup Suite is a simple python program for maintaining a central backup in a small, but distributed environment with a central file share. Basically it is a wrapper around the tar backup facility.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "c42 Backup Suite":
· Common, simple configuration of backup tasks.
· Use same configuration for full and incremental backups.
· Provide a network wide index of backups.
· Separates creating and compressing of backup files
· Automatically delete outdated backup files.
· The rules which defines if a backup file is outdated or not are specified in the configuration.
· Provide a configuration mechanism that is strong enough to write general backup configurations, which can be shared between different machines and users.
A task is defined backup template. At invocation of the task it is determined if a full or incremental backup should be done.
The separation of creating and compressing of backup files allow the use on a client machine with low CPU resources. For client machines with big CPU resources or a small network bandwidth the compression can be done also on the client side.
· python (2.4)
· Berkly DB
· GNU Tar command
· Bzip2 Compressor