Gaim-Encryption is a RSA Encryption plugin for Gaim.
Version: 3.0 Beta6Gaim-Encryption uses NSS to provide transparent RSA encryption as a Gaim plugin.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Gaim Encryption":
· Automatically creates a public/private key pair for you upon loading the plugin
· Automatically transmits your public key to other users.
· Supports 512 - 4096 bit keys.
· Saves keys of known users, and warns you if their public key has changed.
· Embeds all encryption and keys inside HTML, so if the other user doesn't have the plugin, they will get a little message telling them about the plugin, and won't get a screen full of garbage.
· Stores keys in human readable files in your .gaim directory, in case you ever need to copy/edit them by hand. Which you really shouldn't have to do.
· Automatically recognizes if you are chatting with someone who has the plugin- see the Preferences dialog.
· Available for the Windows version of Gaim.
· Modular and extensible. If you want to define a different type of encryption, you can use this plugin as a wrapper to take care of transporting the encrypted binary over the IM pipe.
· Mozilla NSS
What's New in This Release:
· Works with Gaim 2.0.0 beta 4