HoudahGeo is a photo geocoding and geotagging tool. Use HoudahGeo to attach GPS coordinates and location names to your photos. HoudahGeo writes EXIF and XMP geotags to JPEG and RAW image files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera.
Version: 5.2.3HoudahGeo is a photo geocoding and geotagging tool for Mac. Use HoudahGeo to attach GPS coordinates and location names to your photos.
License: Free To Try $39.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
HoudahGeo writes EXIF and XMP geotags to JPEG and RAW image files. This creates a permanent record of where a photo was taken. Just like a GPS-enabled camera.
HoudahGeo is the only application that can both write future-proof GPS tags to original images and add also locations to photos in the Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture libraries.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: Load, Process, then Output.* Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project.
Optionally add GPS track logs.* Use the built-in map to assign or adjust photo locations. Use reverse geocoding to add city, state / province and country names. * Write location information to the original image files. Export the project for viewing in Google Earth or Google My Maps.
Upload to Flickr.
- Supports many methods of geocoding: GPS track logs, built-in maps, Google Earth, etc.
- Write GPS data, location names, title, description and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Works with JPEG as well as a large number of RAW file formats. It also supports XMP sidecar files.
- Integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom
- Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
- Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone or a GPS camera
- Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations to your photos
- Reverse geocoding fills in city, state / province and country names
- Notify Apple Photos, iPhoto or Aperture when places information has been updated
- Create Google Earth KML and KMZ files. View photos pinned along the path travelled
- Publish photos and KML files to Dropbox. Share images on a map
- Upload geotagged photos to Flickr
Version 5.2.3: - Updated for compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave
Version 5.2.2: - Improves application performance when working with very large projects - Fixes a map crash when showing track logs spanning several years (e.g. Google location history exports) - Works around a Quick Look crash when previewing photos in HoudahGeo
Version 5.2.1: - Improves application performance when working with very large projects - Fixes a map crash when showing track logs spanning several years (e.g. Google location history exports) - Works around a Quick Look crash when previewing photos in HoudahGeo
Version 5.2: - Adds support for Lightroom Classic - HoudahGeo now updates the date/time created in IPTC when writing timestamps to EXIF/XMP - HoudahGeo now updates the XMP MetadataDate tag when writing EXIF/XMP tags - HoudahGeo now offers autocompletion when editing location, city, state, country names
Version 5.1.10: - EXIF/XMP now uses a lower case .xmp file extension when creating new sidecar files - The 'Automatically Sync Map and Image Locations' option no longer causes the location of the selected images to change when switching the map to geocode mode
Version 5.1.9: - HoudahGeo now uses the new Dropbox API to publish Google Earth KML files to Dropbox. Dropbox will discontinue the old API in June - Fixes a bug where HoudahGeo could fail to read altitude values from images edited in Photoshop - EXIF/XMP export no longer changes letter case
Version 5.1.8: - Improves performance when loading a large Apple Photos library - Works around a problem with malformed GPS data written by some Nikon cameras - Fixes a problem with downloading GPS track logs from Garmin devices
Version 5.1.7: - Adds more image size options to Google Earth export - Adds more image size options to Flickr upload - Signed with a fresh Developer ID certificate from Apple. The previous one will expire on March 5, 2017. Previous versions of HoudahGeo may fail to launch after that date.
Version 5.1.6: HoudahGeo 5.1 can add location information to photos in the Apple Photos library. This requires Apple Photos 2.0 on macOS 10.12 Sierra. Location information is used by the new Places feature in Photos. HoudahGeo also adds location information to future-proof GPS tags within the original image files.