HoudahGeo is a photo geocoding and geotagging tool. Use HoudahGeo to attach GPS coordinates and location names to your photos. HoudahGeo writes EXIF and XMP geotags to JPEG and RAW image files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera.
Version: 6.0.6HoudahGeo is a photo geotagging tool. It tags photos with location coordinates and names.
License: Free To Try $39.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
HoudahGeo is used by travelers and professionals alike. Some use location information to organize and find photos.
Others need to add GPS coordinates to photos in order to assess roadwork damages, to record wildlife sightings, or to document environmental damages.
HoudahGeo writes EXIF and XMP geotags to JPEG and RAW image files. This creates a permanent record of where a photo was taken. Just like a GPS camera.
HoudahGeo is the only application that writes future-proof GPS tags to original images and also adds locations to photos in the Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture libraries.
Geotagging follows an easy 3-step workflow: Load, Process, and Output.* Load photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs.* Use the built-in map to assign or adjust photo locations.
Use reverse geocoding to add location names. * Write location information to the original image files. Export the project for viewing in Google Earth, Google My Maps, or FLickr.
- Write GPS data, location names, title, description, and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Works with JPEG, HEIF as well as a large number of RAW file formats. Supports XMP sidecar files.
- Integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom Classic
- Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
- Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone or a GPS camera
- Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations
- Reverse geocoding fills in city, state and country names
- Notify Apple Photos, iPhoto or Aperture when places information has been updated
- Create Google Earth KML and KMZ files. View photos pinned along the path traveled
- Publish photos and KML files to Dropbox. Share images on a map
- Upload geotagged photos to Flickr
Version 6.0.6: Fixes a crash in Mapbox maps
Version 5.4.2: - HoudahGeo can now read catalogs created by Lightroom Classic CC 9 - Fixes a bug that prevented reading of certain Qstarz BL-1000ST .BIN files - Corrects errors in the German localization
Version 5.4.1: - Adds support for macOS 10.15 Catalina and Apple Photos 5.0 - Fixes possible crash when the map jumps to a search result - Works around an occasional crash when loading image thumbnails - Fixes a bug where HoudahGeo could hang while importing images
Version 5.3.2: - Support for Apple HEIC image files - Support for Canon CR3 files - Finally! MacOS Mojave Dark Mode
Version 5.2.3: - Updated for compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave
Version 5.2.2: - Improves application performance when working with very large projects - Fixes a map crash when showing track logs spanning several years (e.g. Google location history exports) - Works around a Quick Look crash when previewing photos in HoudahGeo
Version 5.2.1: - Improves application performance when working with very large projects - Fixes a map crash when showing track logs spanning several years (e.g. Google location history exports) - Works around a Quick Look crash when previewing photos in HoudahGeo
Version 5.2: - Adds support for Lightroom Classic - HoudahGeo now updates the date/time created in IPTC when writing timestamps to EXIF/XMP - HoudahGeo now updates the XMP MetadataDate tag when writing EXIF/XMP tags - HoudahGeo now offers autocompletion when editing location, city, state, country names
Version 5.1.10: - EXIF/XMP now uses a lower case .xmp file extension when creating new sidecar files - The 'Automatically Sync Map and Image Locations' option no longer causes the location of the selected images to change when switching the map to geocode mode