Kinonk is a Pentominoes program written in C++.
Version: 1.1Kinonk is a Pentominoes program written in C++. Pentominoes is a two-player board game, where the goal is to be the last player to put a pentomino (piece composed of five squares) on the board. Kinonk can also play Katamino, a variant of pentominoes. Kinonk was originally written for a end-of-high-school project, so there is an extensive report available with the package.
Operating System: Linux
Kinonk uses a simple bruteforce algorithm and can play any position perfectly if given enough time. You can constrain its time by giving an arbitrary time limit or simply let Kinonk analyze everything.
This program uses scons instead of the more traditionnal make for building itself. You will need it if you want to build the sources. A makefile might be written someday.
Here are some key features of "Kinonk":
· Play the game katamino as well as pentominoes
· Can be given a time limit
· Can customize the sorting methods
· Can customize the size of the board as well as the pentominoes that are used
· Can output detailled statistics on its efficiency. Charts can then be generated using a perl script included in the package
· Can play against itself, or find one/all winning moves for a given configuration.
· Free and Opensource software under the GNU Public License