Klax is a Live CD with latest development of the KDE Desktop Environment 3.5
Version: 3.5 RC1Klax is an i486 GNU/Linux Live-CD, very similar to Slax because it's created with the same Linux Live scripts.
Operating System: Linux
The version described here contains KDE 3.5 Alpha.
It should be good enough to give you an impression of KDE 3.5 development, to verify if bugs still exist or discover new ones and to make screenshots.
Here are some key features of "Klax":
· an ISO size of 348 MB
· all KDE 3.5 Alpha modules except kdebindings
· Qt 3.3.4 with qt-copy patches, K3b 0.12.3 and KOffice 1.4.1
· translations of interface and documentation
· own documentation (see the Slax documentation instead)
· guarantee (to work, to not damage your system, to not waste your bandwidth)
· the design goal or sophisticated tools to be installable on hard disk and upgradable later
· graphical configuration tools (if you don't have DHCP, use console-based "netconfig" tool)
· compiler, build tools, headers, man pages, non-KDE docs, howtos (goal was to be as small as possible)
· all bells & whistles KDE 3.4 can make use of (like composite extension, DBUS/HAL, speech systems, xscreensaver, ZeroConf)
Boot from the burned CD and type "klax gui" at the boot prompt.
Or login at console prompt as "guest" with password "guest" and run "startx" to start the X-server.
"netconfig" configures the network. Entering "xconf" will configure the X-server for higher screen resolution.
What's New in This Release:
· Klax is an i486 GNU/Linux live CD, very similar to SLAX, because it's created with the same linux-live scripts.
· The version described here contains KDE 3.5 RC 1.
· It should be good enough to give you an impression of KDE 3.5 development, to verify if bugs still exist or discover new ones, and to make screenshots.
What it has:
· an ISO size of 342 MB;
· all KDE 3.5 RC 1 modules except kdebindings;
· Qt 3.3.4 with qt-copy patches,
· K3b 0.12.7 and KOffice 1.4.2.