KleanSweep allows you to reclaim disk space by finding unneeded files.
Version: 0.2.9KleanSweep allows you to reclaim disk space by finding unneeded files. KleanSweep can search for files basing on several criterias.
Operating System: Linux
You can seek for:
· empty files
· backup files
· broken symbolic links
· dead menu entries (.desktop files pointing to non-existing executables)
· duplicated files
· orphaned files (files not found in RPM database)
· obsolete thumbnails (thumbnails conforming to freedesktop.org standard, pointing to non-existing images
· seeking for orphaned files in Debian and Gentoo (portage) databases
· seeking for empty directories
· seeking for unused locales
· options for setting include/exclude paths, file extensions etc.
· and more!
KleanSweep consists of KDE-based (C++) graphical frontend and small helper Perl script that performs actual searching.
All searches, except for orphaned files, duplicates and dead menu entries are as fast as usual 'find' would be. KleanSweep requires KDE libraries and Perl.
Note: I take no responsibility for any damage caused by this program.
What's New in This Release:
· Removed "greedy match" button
· added Italian, German, Spanish and Portugaese translations