Enhanced emailing handlers for the python logging package.
Version: 3.3.1mailinglogger is a Python package that contains two handlers for the Python logging framework that enable important log entries to be sent by email.
License: MIT/X Consortium License
Operating System: Linux
This can either be as the entries are logged or as a summary at the end of the running process.
The handlers have the following features:
- customisable and dynamic subject lines for emails sent
- emails sent with configurable headers for easy filtering
- flood protection to ensure the number of emails sent is not excessive
- support for SMTP servers that require authentication
- configurable log entry filtering
- fully documented and tested
In addition, extra support is provided for configuring the handlers when using ZConfig, Zope 2 or Zope 3.
To install, either:
- Extract the .tar.gz and do the usual:: python setup.py install
- use easy_install mailinglogger