MvBlog is a simple and clean weblog tool designed with security in mind.
Version: 3.0.1MvBlog is a simple and clean weblog tool designed with security in mind. It can also handle many blogs with just one codebase, making it very suitable and easy to facilitate multiple users in environments such as shared webhosting.
Operating System: Linux
MvBlog was written by Michiel van Baak when he was in need of a piece of blogging software and was dissatisfied with the numerous security problems in the currently existing blogging software. Thus was born MvBlog.
Here are some key features of "MvBlog":
· Multiple authors on the same blog
· RSS (for posts,comments,categories and authors)
· Multiple styles, including a style switcher
· ...and more!
· PHP5 (tested with apache2 cgi and apache2 module) with the following modules installed:
· Optional: PEAR::HTTP_Request (for trackbacks)
Depending on which database you want to use (see below), you'll also have to have one of the database modules installed:
· PostgreSQL module
· MySQL module
· A database. Either one of these will do:
· PostgreSQL server v7.4+ (tested with 7.4 and 8.0)
· MySQL 5.0+ (tested with 5.0.22 and newer)
What's New in This Release:
· Category icons were added.
· A new version of tinymce is used.
· A user settings interface was added.
· Users can now decide whether to show their email address on comments.
· The ability to import from WordPress was added.
· Inactive users can now be deleted.