pcm6cast is a raw PCM audio streaming broadcaster and client using RTP over IPv6 Multicast.
Version: 0.11pcm6cast is a raw PCM audio streaming broadcaster and client using RTP over IPv6 Multicast. It is free open source software released under the LGPL. Unlike VAT and RAT, which are designed primerily for audio conferencing, pcm6cast is designed to be used for audio distribution and broadcast.
Operating System: Linux
SDL's audio output settings can be configured by setting environment variables. You can choose the audio driver and sound card in this way.
pcm6cast uses autoconf, so will work on most systems.
· pcm6client requires SDL for audio playback.
· pcm6shout requires libshout version 2 and either
· LAME for MP3 support or Ogg Vorbis (or both).
· The pcm6archive script requires LAME.
What's New in This Release:
· Changed from audiofile to libsndfile
· Changed audio buffer form char* to short*
· the length of audio passed about is now measured
· in samples rather than bytes
· Fixed a stupid mistake in the rtp_packet_t structure
· Updated README with new test stream group
· Other fixes/improvements