Serpentine is a simple to use and very porwerful cd audio recording application.
Version: 0.7Serpentine project is a simple to use and very porwerful cd audio recording application.
Operating System: Linux
Serpentine features a simple to use HIG compliant interface. It aims to do one thing and do it right: writing audio CDs. It accepts a big range of audio (and video) formats thanks to the excelent GStreamer framework.
It also tries to integrate well with other application, accepting full Drag N Drop from applications like: Nautilus, Rhythmbox and even Firefox!
Here are some key features of "Serpentine":
· Supports multiple formats files, like WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC and every other gstreamer does
· Save and open PLS, M3U and XSPF playlists
· Extracts audio from video contents, like an MPEG video
· Uses audio metadata for better handling
· Supports drag and drop: drop musics directly from Rhythmbox or Nautilus!
· Clean and easy to use interface
· Muine plugin: allows you to write your playlist directly from Muine.
· Easy integration with other applications
· gnome-python-extras 2.10
· pygtk 2.6
What's New in This Release:
· Support for GStreamer 0.10
· Ability to open files through the command line.
· Uses Cairo to draw the usage gauge.
· Ability to not use GnomeVfs
· More robust metadata parsing and not media files handling