Traffic Control is a tool that provides innovative email traffic shaping solutions for organizations of all sizes.
Version: 3.1.008Traffic Control is a tool that provides innovative email traffic shaping solutions for organizations of all sizes, enabling customers to simultaneously solve their spam problems and reduce their email infrastructure costs.
Operating System: Linux
For a large company or institution, losing email service even for an hour is intolerable. Yet many organizations don't know whether their email security infrastructure will be able to withstand tomorrow's spam attack or virus outbreak.
MailChannels Traffic Control is a software email security solution that ensures the continuous availability of email service by dramatically increasing the scalability and resilience of an organization's email infrastructure. Traffic Control leverages a unique combination of network and application-layer traffic shaping, reputation and behavior analysis, and sophisticated real-time connection pooling that attacks the economics of spamming to reduce abusive traffic and maintain critical email services while under attack.
Installing Traffic Control is easy. Simply:
1. Read the installation guide in the Traffic Control manual
2. Download the tar ball
3. Run install.sh as root
4. Follow the instructions presented by the installer
5. Modify your mail server configuration to accept Traffic Control as a proxy
6. Start Traffic Control using the start-proxy.sh command
The following terminal output can be used as a quick guide to the install process – note that a complete installation guide is provided in the manual:
root@example# tar xzf TrafficControl-latest-i686-Linux-2.6-encrypted.tar.gz
root@example# cd TrafficControl-latest-i686-Linux-2.6-encrypted
CHANGES chroot docs install.sh proxy_conf_cleanup.pl
LICENSE conf install.func migrate_acl_files.pl scripts
This script will install MailChannels Traffic Control
As part of the installation process you will be asked for your
name and email address. This information along with TrafficControl
version information and the output from 'uname -a' will be sent to...
Starting TrafficControl ... Ok
root@example# telnet example.com 25
Connected to example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 MailChannels Traffic Control (3.1.007)
250 SIZE 20971520
250 2.1.5 Ok
Subject: Hi There!
250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as BC4AB180772
· A license is required for sites that process more than 10,000 messages per day. If a valid license cannot be found, Traffic Control restricts the number of connections it will open with your mail server, limiting performance for high volume applications.
What's New in This Release:
· Propagate error response from the MTA to the client.