ysmICQ is a console ICQ client for Linux, Windows, BSD, Solaris, QNX, Irix, PPC and BeOS among other operating systems.
Version: 2.9.8ysmICQ is a Free, open source (GPL license) console based ICQ client written in the C language. The project was born in the year 2001 when Mirabilis (AOL) introduced a new version of the ICQ protocol.
Operating System: Linux
Full of humor and interesting features, ysm has an easy to use command line interface which allows faster communication with your contacts and provides many OS dependent comfortable options.
Here are some key features of "ysmICQ":
· consoled based client
· ICQ protocol version 7 and 8.
· plaintext and encrypted (AES algorithm) message sending.
· plaintext and encrypted (AES algorithm) file transfers.
· contacts download and upload from/to ICQ servers.
· search features.
· invisible, visible and ignore lists management.
· fingerprinting of remote clients.
· sending/receiving of URLs.
· sending/receiving of contacts.
· OS dependent comfortable options.
What's New in This Release:
· patch for YSM_Thread_Sleep fixing a 10% cpu usage.
· patch for getline, fixing support for umlauts.
· patch for the CtrlHandler under unix.
· blind fix for the 'Age' field on the whois command. It sometimes showed up negative, changed d to %ud lets see if its fixed now, couldn't find any erroneous test case.
· fixed crash on 'del' command. duplicate (erroneous cfg) entries in the config lead to a crash when deleting that slave name. Thanks to f00li5h for reporting the problem.
· fix on COMMANDSFILE> . Any commands without arguments were being ignored.
· fix for readline! the inputrc file was only being read from ~/.ysm/inputrc. If that file doesnt exist its now read from the default locations.
· fix on TAB cycling for slaves. now cycling alphabetically.
· started adding colors configuration support! By now you can select colors for COLOR_MESSAGE (message body colors) COLOR_STATUSCHANGENAME (nick on status changes) and COLOR_STATUSCHANGESTATUS (status on status changes).