Apt-Mirror is a small tool that provides the ability to mirror any parts of a Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
Version: 0.4.4Apt-Mirror is a small tool that provides the ability to mirror any parts (or even all) of a Debian GNU/Linux distribution or any other apt source.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Apt Mirror":
· It takes config similar to apt's "sources.list"
· It is fully pool comply
· It supports multithreaded downloading
· It supports multiple architectures at the same time
· It can automatically remove unnecessary files
· It successfully works on overloaded internet channel
· It never makes inconsistent mirror including while mirroring
· It works on all POSIX complied systems with perl and wget
Debian users may just add to 'sources.list' line deb http://apt-mirror.sourceforge.net/ apt-mirror/ and execute:
# apt-get update
# apt-get install apt-mirror
Rest users need to download sources and install it by hand:
extract it and put apt-mirror script to /usr/local/bin or somewhere similar
put mirror.list config file to /etc/apt/ (or any other place such as /usr/local/etc, but in this case do not forget to always specify full path to it in command line)
What's New in This Release:
· This release supports the following new architectures: amd64, hurd-i386, and sh.
· New configuration options were added.
· The default architecture identification on non-Debian systems was fixed.