ArcadeEngine lets developers create stunning multimedia applications and games, quickly and easily for every major platform.
Version: 1.0ArcadeEngine lets developers create stunning multimedia applications and games, quickly and easily for every major platform.
Operating System: Linux
ArcadeEngine makes it easy to animate objects using simple and complex movements, alter movement speeds and detect collisions.
ArcadeEngine takes care of the complexities leaving the developer to focus on what they want to achieve.
Here are some key features of "ArcadeEngine":
· Ever dreamed of getting into games programming with Revolution? Or of wowing your audiences with spectacular animated multimedia applications? ArcadeEngine™, a brand new addition to the repertoire of Revolution tools from Malte Brill of Derbrill, makes advanced collision detection and complex motion paths a snip! Spin it, bounce it, shoot it off the walls - You'll have more fun with the demo (Click the download links to the right-hand-side of this page) than anyone should with a programming tool!
Movement any-which-way you want it:
· ArcadeEngine offers you functions and handlers to move objects, exactly as you desire. Create:
· Linear movement
· Polygonal movement
· Circular movement
· Elliptical movement
· Start and stop the action at any time under scripted control.
· Simultaneously move different controls at different speeds for sophisticated "parallax"-style movements.
· Increase or decrease object speed
· Control any aspect of object movement e.g. the centre point of a circular path
· You can move your objects on complex paths, and even move existing motion paths along secondary paths!
· Change the path at anytime under scripted control
Spice up your multimedia project with Arcade Engine.
· This is a Revolution plugin no developer should be without. With Arcade Engine, it's easy for you to add impressive motion effects to your multimedia titles. Get help and examples by working through the tutorials you find in the accompanying stack.
· If you want to get into games programming let ArcadeEngine help you detecting circle-circle collisions, circle-line collisions or even pixel precise collisions for images. You have access to different collision test routines.
Make learning fun and meaningful
· Arcade Engine is great for teaching and learning too - let it loose in a classroom and watch students learn by having fun.