ByteName project is a tool that for each byte of the input prints a line consisting of the byte offset.
Version: 1.12ByteName project is a tool that for each byte of the input prints a line consisting of the byte offset, the hex value of the byte, the octal value of the byte, and its description in Latin-1, Latin-2, WinLatin1, WinLatin2, or EBCDIC.
Operating System: Linux
A command line flag suppresses printing of bytes within the ASCII range which is useful for locating stray non-ASCII codes.
The available encodings are:
· Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1)
· Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)
· WinLatin1 (Microsoft Codepage 1252
· WinLatin2 (Microsoft Codepage 1250
· EBCDIC-037 (IBM Codepage 037)
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds MS DOS Codepages 437 and 850.
· Bugs in MS Windows Codepage 1252 were fixed.