ChatSniff is an easy to use program that monitors, or
Version: 1.0ChatSniff is an easy to use program for Linux that monitors, or "sniffs" networks for AIM, MSN, Yahoo! and Jabber instant messages.
Operating System: Linux
It requires recent versions of python, python-gtk2, python-glade2, and tethereal.
python-pyao (for sound) and gksu are optional, but recommended (the packages require them).
What's New in This Release:
· Moved to single instance of tethereal
· Removed "any" device from device list
· First time case for net dev selection
· Major HIG/UI adjustments (brad)
· Moved to a single pane view
· Added status bar
· Added auto-start
· Added toolbar
· Major code cleanup
· Packet output cleanup
· Better error dialog formating
· Added versioning to preferences
· Start/stop timestamps
· Help dialog now reflects reality
· No more ugly empty space above first packet
· Sundry minor tweaks