Cimon is Perl program wich monitors the load (memory and CPU) on Cisco routers using SNMP.
Version: 0.3Cimon is Perl program wich monitors the load (memory and CPU) on Cisco routers using SNMP, and generates graphics with statistics using rrdtool. It's good for information about your router's health.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
It monitors and displays the cpu 5 minutes utilization in percents and free+used Processor memory. The I/O memory(usualy 2 MB) or Fast on high end routers is being monitored too, but there isn't graphic for it. Cimon is good source for information about your router's health. From version 0.2 cimon can do ip accounting using the cisco ip accounting feature.
The logfiles that it generates as the rrd files needed for the graphics are fully compatible with those produced by sasacct (SAS's accounting statistics). So you can use it's cgi interface also it's posibility to generate graphics on demand or on a user defined interval (via crontab and -g option).
· You will need rrdtool http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/ After installing it type 'make site-perl-install'. You'll also need the Net::SNMP and Net::Netmask packages available at CPAN. search.cpan.org.
· Installation instruction for both rrdtool,Net::SNMP and Net::Netmask are included with the packages.
What's New in This Release:
· - graphs in bits per second
· - fixed bug with creation of the monthly graphs
· - rewrite of the graph() function