Coindesigner is a RAD (rapid application development) system to build 3D applications using Coin3D openInventor.
Version: 1.3 / 2 Beta 1Coindesigner is a RAD (rapid application development) system to build 3D applications using Coin3D openInventor.
Operating System: Linux
Coindesigner allows to write simple 3D scenarios just using drag&drop, so users require no programming acknoledges at all to use it.
Coindesigner is a system equivalent to glade or qt-designer, where we can choose components from the openInventor toolkit, add them somewhere in our scene and configure them in a very easy way... and all changes are applied to the scene on the fly!
Here are some key features of "Coindesigner":
· Reads and write scenes in native openInventor file format
· Can import geometry from VRML, 3ds, DXF, OFF (from geomview), SMF, sphere trees .SPH and XYZ point clouds file formats.
· Can export geometry to file formats VRML2, SMF, OBJ, STL, OFF y XYZ.
· It allows to visualize volumetric data (such as medical CT) if SIM Voleon is available in your system.
· Makes some basic geometrical operations, as mesh reduction (with QSLIM) and convex hull computation.
· It includes cdsview, an minimalistic external viewer that allows you to view and distribute scenes without need of coindesigner.
· Provides helpers to define colors (with QColorDialog), file paths (with QFileDialog), menus for enumerated types and much more...
· Allows to use manips to configure Lights and Transform nodes. Just use the right mouse button to interchange between those nodes and their manip!
· GUI has been translated to English, Spanish and Portuguese
· Includes the complete coin reference and several tutorials directly brownsables from the application.
· It's as multiplatform as coin3d and Qt are. It works under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
· It's open source released under GPL license.
· Coin3D libraries
· Qt SDK
What's New in 1.3 Stable Release:
· New viewers window classes, with menus and statusbar
· Some info about current node in status bar (as face counts, centroids)
· Info about mfields size in theirs property names
· New nodes are inserted after current node, not at the end of parent
· Support for get Info about picked point
· Support for erase faces of indexedfaceset
· Support for turn face orientation of indexedfaceset
· Bugfix: Avoid to pick on the picking mark
· Bugfix: mfield_editor layout
· Bugfix: Ensure new inserted nodes are showed in the scene graph
What's New in 2 Beta 1 Development Release:
· A complete rewrite to use Trolltech-Qt 4.3.2. This release can export scenes to C++ code.
· There are icons on scene graphs (similar to Inventor Mentor icons).
· There is a reconfigurable GUI based on docks.
· This release has the OpenInventor source code editor with syntax highlighting.
· It has support for conections, engines, and more.
· There is a list of recent files, and a console to show errors, warnings, and info messages.
· You can drag and drop files from the explorer to the coindesigner window.