CTBClient is a mobile client for the CTB.
Version: 0.1CTBClient is a mobile client for the CTB. The main objective of CTBClient is to allow registering expenses and other financial events in the road, and later uploading them to the mother system.
Operating System: Linux
It puts in use a set of exciting technologies: Bluetooth, Python SQL DBI, serialization (marshaling) of objects, GTK+, Python for Series 60 Nokia cell phones (known as S60), perhaps PyObjc in future Mac OS X versions etc. CTBClient is also meant to be a guinea pig for portable Python development.
CTBClient is a project sponsored by INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia (Nokia Institute of Technology), where I work and have the environment and time to make such experiments.
Functional clients are:
· GTK+ Linux/local (no Bluetooth, for quick tests);
· GTK+ Linux Bluetooth
· Symbian/S60 cell phone
· GTK+/Hildon Linux (Maemo platform, like Nokia 770 tablets)
· Linux/local (for testing)
· PyBluez for Linux/Bluetooth clients and servers
· Python for Series 60 for cell phone client
· CTB SQL backend to run the servers