DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife.
Version: 4.4.0DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife. It can be used to extract the lumps of a wad and save them as individual files. Conversely, it can also build a wad from separate files. When extracting a lump to a file, it does not just copy the raw data, it converts it to an appropriate format (such as PPM for graphics, Sun audio for samples, etc.).
Operating System: Linux
Conversely, when it reads files for inclusion in pwads, it does the necessary conversions (for example, from PPM to Doom picture format).If you like to do wad hacking beyond level editing, DeuTex is a must. In addition, DeuTex has functions such as merging wads, etc. I use it all the time.
Here are some key features of "DeuTex":
· Supported platforms
· Unix and DOS. Should not be difficult to port to other platforms.
· Supported iwads
· Doom, Doom II, Ultimate Doom, Doom alpha 0.4 and 0.5, Doom press release pre-beta, Heretic, Hexen, Strife.
· Supported file formats
· .au, .voc, .wav, .bmp, .gif (will go away), .ppm.
What's New in This Release:
· default transparent colour is (0, 47, 47) instead of (0, 255, 255),
· flats are put between FF_START and F_END,
· Doom alpha 0.4 and Doom alpha 0.5 are supported,
· Doom press release pre-beta is supported,
· Hexen is supported,
· Strife is supported,
· new command -usedidx,
· on Unix (especially Linux), builds much more smoothly,
· on DOS and Windows, builds with DJGPP and Cygwin,
· source available and libre license (GPL + LGPL + Pbmplus),
· GIF is deprecated,
· many bug fixes and small improvements.