DjVu is a Web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images.
Version: 3.5DjVu (pronounced "dj vu") a set of compression technologies, a file format, and a software platform for the delivery over the Web of digital documents, scanned documents, and high resolution images.
Operating System: Linux
DjVu documents download and display extremely quickly, and look exactly the same on all platforms with no compatibility problems due to fonts, colors, etc.
DjVu can be seen as a superior alternative to PDF and PostScript for digital documents, to TIFF (and PDF) for scanned bitonal documents, to JPEG and JPEG2000 for photographs and pictures, and to GIF for large palettized images.
DjVu is the only Web format that is practical for distributing high-resolution scanned documents in color. No other format comes close.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixes for compilation with GCC-3.4.
· Cjb2 lossy mode vastly improved (thanks to Ilya Mezhirov)
· Revamped install for desktop information files
· Compilation uses libtool and makes shared libs on more platforms.
· Uniform decoding api ddjvuapi.h.
· Enhanced ddjvu based on ddjvuapi.
· ddjvu can produce tiff files.