DSS-Live is dedicated to create your own DEbian BASED Live Linux System.
Version: 0.1DSS also know as Debased Scripts Set project is dedicated to providing you with a "System Development Environment" to create your own DEbian BASED Live Linux System.
Operating System: Linux
Normally you're stuck with the type and amount of applications the creator decided to include, now you can customize the system to fit your needs, by generating on-the-fly compressed modules (layers) including additional software .
The idea is to don't "debase" the Default Debian System, for this pourpose has been designed the USS (The Upstream Salmon Struct).
In this way you'll have a knoppix like HW autodetection and autoconfiguration flavor without affecting the standard system.
DSS can be used to:
· create your own live distribution
· put together a demo disk to show off the power of our favourite OS
· build a portable system to install on external USB/FIREWIRE HD and boot it up.
· backup you system and run it from a CD/DVD
· build a morphix base module