eZ components is an enterprise-ready, general-purpose PHP platform.
Version: 2006.2eZ components project is an enterprise-ready, general-purpose PHP platform.
License: BSD License
Operating System: Linux
As a collection of high-quality independent building blocks for PHP application development, eZ components will both speed up development and reduce risks.
An application can use one or more components easily, as they all adhere to the same naming conventions and follow the same structure.
All components are based on PHP 5.1, except for the ones that require the new Unicode support that will be available from PHP 6 on.
Here are some key features of "eZ components":
· Designed for enterprise PHP application development
· Open source and licensed under the New BSD license
· Clear IP rights
· Thoroughly documented
· Developed, supported and maintained by eZ systems
As the developers of eZ publish, one of the largest enterprise PHP applications in the world, eZ systems has over several years been developing enterprise PHP applications.
During the development of eZ publish eZ systems has been writing all the needed general libraries itself instead of reusing existing libraries. Quite a few other PHP projects are also doing the same. There are several reasons for this, like lack of documentation, quality of code, lacking functionality, unclear IP rights or inconsistencies between the libraries. eZ systems has the experience and resources to make such a product as well as the need for it.
The eZ components are developed with interoperatibility and a clean design in mind, allowing its users more flexibility and freedom, while keeping a consistent and well documented API. It is thouroughly documented, New BSD licensed with clear IP rights and available free of charge.
eZ systems has a dedicated team of professional developers for developing, maintaining and supporting eZ components. This will ensure that eZ components will be an active project for the future, making them a safe choice for PHP application developers to rely on.
What's New in This Release:
· The Graph component renders statistical data into 2-D and 3-D charts and graphs like bar, pie, and line charts.
· The SignalSlot component implements a kind of Subject-Observer pattern for object-oriented application design.
· Designed after Qt's Signals and Slots mechanism, it gives you a handy tool for inter- and intra-object communication.
· The Url component conveniently extracts data from URLs and similarly creates URLs.
· This mechanism is commonly used in controller parts of a Model-View-Controller (MVC) implementation.