distributed as a COM component as well as a ruby extension.
Version: 3.5.1FeResPost was designed to be a ruby extension that allows rapid development of small programs and can be used to automate the post-processing of structural analysis finite element results.
Operating System: Linux
Since september 2008, FeResPost is also distributed as a COM component on Windows XP.
It provides an access to 5 classes and 2 module allowing the manipulation of FE entities and results. The 5 classes are :
- The DataBase class that is used to store a FE model and other entities (Groups, Results,...). This class is a generic class that can not be instanciated. To classes inherit the DataBase class:
- The NastranDb class that is used for the manipulation of Nastran models and
- The SamcefDb class that is used for the manipulation of Samcef models and Results.
- The Result class that allows the manipulation of Results, thier transformation,...
- The ResKeyList class, very useful to manipulate Result entities.
- The Group class that allows the definition of Groups, thier manipulation, the
- The CoordSys class for the manipulation of coordinate systems (still to be done) The Post module gives access to several additional functions.
Four classes used to perform Classical Laminate Analysis calculations are also provided:
- The ClaDb class that stores composite entities,
- The ClaMat class used to mainpulate materials,
- The ClaLam class to store laminates and perform CLA calculations.
- The ClaLoad class used to manipulate loadings applied to Laminates.
- The CLA classes are interfaced with the rest of FeResPost and allow to post-process very efficiently composite finite element Results.
FeResPost allows the simultaneous manipulation of several models by defining several NastranDb and SamcefDb objects, and idifferent Nastran and Samcef models can be manipulated simultaneously.
The main purpose of the program is to download and manipulate Result entities in order to produce margins of safety. Possible operations that can be performed on. Result objects are, for example :
- Modification of the reference coordinate system,
- Calculation of total force and moment corresponding to a distribution of loads,
- Derivation of criteria like Von Mises for a stress tensor, the norm of a vector,...
- Operations combining several results (sum, difference, product, merging of
- Derivation of new Results (for example, laminated Results)