Free Digital Money is a free open source project aimed at promoting ideas and stimulating further innovation.
Version: 0.2Free Digital Money projetc is aimed at promoting ideas and stimulating further innovation in the field of digital bearer money.
Operating System: Linux
Digital bearer money is like cash and can be transferred person-to-person without going through a bank or PayPal account.
The scope of this project is necessarily limited; digital bearer money schemes are difficult to implement.
The project will develop and release a Digital Money system and applications, suitable for teaching and idea-testing.
The current release (V0.2) delivers a basic digital PGP-based coin system.
The next release will provide a transport mechanism to send the coins to an intended recipient; and a client application (a Wallet).
How You Can Help
We welcome technical help in a variety of forms:
· Application writers and visionaries: to use the FreeDMoney software to experiment with new ideas
· Coders: to extend the current software or to implement a completely new payment system
· Vendors of existing digital payment schemes: to implement a FDM interface to their code
Students (and others) are welcome and encouraged to use FreeDMoney as a basis for discussing other considerations of building a secure payment systems.
· What technical peer-review process would be required to be confident in the security of the system?
· What are the limitations in the model that would need to be overcome in order to make this into a technically sound basis for a real-world, real-value payment system?
· Assuming these limitations had been overcome, what operational considerations would need to be addressed to deliver a secure, reliable payment system?
· How do existing payment systems address these issues?
What legal and regulatory issues would need to be addressed in the target jurisdictions?
What's New in This Release:
· Initial Coin implementation and "test bank" Web application.