FUDforum is templatable forum with i18n support based on PHP.
Version: 3.0.0FUDforum is templatable forum with i18n support based on PHP and either MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Operating System: Linux
It features a user/group management system, a multi-lingual spell checker, both flat and thread message views, a private messaging system with mult-iuser forwarding capabilities, poll file attachments, and much more.
FUDforum project is an extremely fast and scalable forum that can fulfill the needs of both small and large forum operators.
Here are some key features of "FUDforum":
· i18n support, with a number of languages distributed with the forum.
· Full template support with a FAST template compiler.
· Powerful groups management system, which allows fine grained control over forum's resources.
· Private Messaging system, with post tracking & buddy lists
· Built in spell checker (using the pspell library)
· Ability to use FUDcode, HTML or Plain Text inside posts, configurable by the admin
· Administrator definable ranks for the users bases on number of posts as well as assign an unlimited number of custom tags to individual users
· 3 types of user avatars
· Ignore list, allows forum members to ignore posts made by other users.
· Threaded View (by default standard flat view is used)
· Customizable Find and Replace system, which fully supports both perl regexp (preg) and even str_replace for extremely fast simple replaces
· NNTP & Mailing List integration, allowing FUDforum to be used to archive newsgroups & mailing lists, as well as allow forum members to post messages to newsgroups and mailing lists via the forum.
· Posting/Replying and editing of topics and messages
· Sticky/Announcement messages which stay on top of the forum until they reach their expire date
· Custom Avatars upload with administrator approval and automatic scaling (if ImageMagick's mogrify utility is installed)
· Emoticon (smilies) Support, with an easy to use admin control panel, which allows the admin to add/remove and edit smilies
· Post notification system, which can send notifications via Email & ICQ
· Unlimited number of forum moderators
· Hidden, Private, Moderated and Password protected forums
· Moderation queue, in moderated forums all unapproved messages can be viewed by the moderator and approved or deleted on the spot.
· Email confirmation of registered users (can't post until the email address is confirmed)
· Specialized HTML like FUDcode that allows styling of messages, the advantage of FUDcode over HTML is that FUDcode will never break layout.
· Banning of users by their username and/or IP or IP Mask, Email address filter or Login name filter (full regexp support)
· Multiple file uploads per post (configurable by the administrator for each forum)
· File extension control, allowing/disallowing certain file extensions
· Fully customizable header & footer which can support PHP code
· Language filter (full regexp), which allows the admin to replace certain offensive words
· Full support for Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
· Automatic lost password retrieval
· Search Engine
· MD5 passwords (128 Bit encryption)
· Thread locking by Administrators & Moderators
· Easy to use installation PHP or Shell script
· Unread Posts Tracking, you can automatically see which posts you have not yet read
· Extensive message filtering, by date, read/unread, forum, thread, reply status
· Message reporting, allows visitors to report inappropriate messages to the Administrator
· Robust MySQL or PostgreSQL back-end, with a virtually unlimited number of messages (up to 2^32 messages)
· Polls if allowed, users can create on or more polls on their messages
· Forum & Thread subscription system with an easy to use control panel. Allows users to subscribe & unsubscribe from forums & threads.
· I-SPY system, if enabled it allows forum members to see what the other users on the forum are doing.
What's New in This Release:
· A few possible E_NOTICEs were fixed in various areas of the code.
· The German translation was updated.
· ini_set() calls were made conditional upon the function's availability.
· The member link in the group manager was improved.
· The GLOBALS.php parsing algorithm was improved.
· Support for user link colors was added to the member list.
· A work-around was added for PHP versions using ORIG_PATH_INFO.
· The documentation for FUDforum's access keys was improved.
· A few fixes were made for PostgreSQL and the deprecated oid dependency was removed.