GFileRunner is a GNOME file manager.
Version: 0.3.5GFileRunner is GNOME-based file manager aimed to be a nicer, faster, and more powerful replacement for the current popular file manager, Nautilus.
Operating System: Linux
Currently it does much of the things that Nautilus does, but faster. Some things are slower. Some things don't work. And some things aren't done.
It's not much yet, but it should be about half usable and definitely give people with lesser machines hope.
· Linux or some *NIX based system (though only tested on Linux)
· GTK+ 1.2
· GNOME 1.4 - libgnomevfs, libgnomeui
· GdkPixbuf 0.10.0
· libxml 1.0
· libart 2.2.0
· SVG Support (optional): FreeType2 6.1.0, librsvg 1.0.0
What's New in This Release:
· This is most likely going to be the last version of GFileRunner for GNOME 1.4. I have already started porting to GNOME 2.2 and will be releasing all GNOME 2.2 versions under the new project name Velocity.
· Improvements in this version include: desktop support, new image caching system, basic drag and drop, a module/plugin system, as well as many other improvements. As always see the ChangeLog for more information, but be warned, it's a book again!
For best experience install to the same place where GNOME is installed.
There is also an icon package to make the experience better, but it is a seperate download to preserve space and dead time between new releases.