GroundWork Foundation is a network management data abstraction layer and development platform written in Java.
Version: 1.1 Milestone 1GroundWork Foundation is a network management data abstraction layer and development platform written in Java.
Operating System: Linux
With GroundWork Foundation, data from both open source tools and legacy management systems can be accessed via real time status views, reports and dashboards.
GroundWork Status Viewer, a user interface for Nagios, relies on Foundation technology to extract, process and display Nagios monitoring data. GroundWork's flagship product, GroundWork Monitor, also leverages Foundation technology to provide an enterprise-class, integrated IT monitoring solution.
Here are some key features of "GroundWork Foundation":
· Standardized User Interfaces and APIs: APIs available with GroundWork Foundation allow presentation layer programs to query the GroundWork Foundation database by object or data type. Separate API libraries are available for Perl, PHP and Java programs, enabling users to build their own custom user interfaces.
· Customizable Adapters: GroundWork Foundation allows for the development of adapters to integrate and normalize any type of monitoring data--whether SNMP, polled or log file data. Normalized data is stored in a common database for retrieval.
· Integration of Third Party Systems: Data from commercial monitoring systems can also be integrated into GroundWork Foundation, enabling IT staff to consolidate the best of open source and proprietary monitoring and management tools into a single application.
· Apache Ant
· Apache Maven
· Sun's JDK version 1.4.2
What's New in This Release:
· This is the first snapshot release of Foundation 1.1 after the code freeze.
· Enhancements include integration with more diverse data sources in addition to Nagios, the ability to add data normalizers dynamically to the feeder framework, and the ability to enhance the data store of the admin feeder via XML feeds.
· A new tutorial was written to teach how to write a data normalizer and integrate it into Foundation.